help with this migrations error the site is running i cant drop the database

help with this migrations error the site is running i cant drop the database

Fastmobile Fastmobile
python manage.py makemigrations Traceback (most recent call last): File "manage.py", line 15, in <module> execute_from_command_line(sys.argv) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 381, in execute_from_command_line utility.execute() File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 375, in execute self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 316, in run_from_argv self.execute(*args, **cmd_options) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 353, in execute output = self.handle(*args, **options) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 83, in wrapped res = handle_func(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/makemigrations.py", line 103, in handle loader.check_consistent_history(connection) File "/home/Ogdams/.virtualenvs/my-virtualenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/loader.py", line 297, in check_consistent_history connection.alias,django.db.migrations.exceptions.InconsistentMigrationHistory: Migration django_comments.0001_initial is applied before its dependency ogbam.0001_initial on database 'default'.

Re: help with this migrations error the site is running i cant drop the database

Adam Johnson-2
Hi!

I think you've found the wrong mailing list for this post. This mailing list is for the development of Django itself, not for support using Django. This means the discussions of bugs and features in Django itself, rather than in your code using it. People on this list are unlikely to answer your support query with their limited time and energy. Read more on the mailing lists at https://www.djangoproject.com/community/

For support, please use the django-users mailing list, or IRC #django on Freenode, or a site like Stack Overflow. There are people out there willing to help on those channels, but they might not respond if you don't ask your question well. Stack Overflow's question guide can help you frame it well: https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask . Posting only a stack trace is *not* very easy to respond to.

Also if you haven't read it, please take a look at Django's Code of Conduct: https://www.djangoproject.com/conduct/ . These are our "ground rules" for working well as a community, and will help you get the most out of Django and our fantastic community.

Thanks for your understanding,

Adam