i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Navnath Gadakh
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database'

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Lachlan Musicman
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Navnath Gadakh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database'

Off the top of my head, I would suggest you have nothing in the
section DATABASES in your settings.py

Does your settings.py have something that looks like:

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.DBNAME',
        'NAME': 'xe',
        'USER': 'a_user',
        'PASSWORD': 'a_password',
        'HOST': '',
        'PORT': '',
    }
}

--
...we look at the present day through a rear-view mirror. This is
something Marshall McLuhan said back in the Sixties, when the world

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=14314

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Laxmikant Gurnalkar
Hi, It seems that. config file doesnt hv the section you are looking for.
Use Config.sections() to list the available sections in your config file

>>> import ConfigParser
>>> Config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
>>> Config
<ConfigParser.ConfigParser instance at 0x00BA9B20>
>>> Config.read("configfile.ini")
['tomorrow.ini']
>>> Config.sections()
['Others', 'SectionThree', 'SectionOne', 'SectionTwo']
--Laxmikant

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Navnath Gadakh <[hidden email]> wrote:
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database'

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Navnath Gadakh
my setting.py is
 and a have also created a new setting.conf .may be there is problem of path,plz  help. thnks in adv
# Django settings for kasakooproj project.

import os
import ast

from ConfigParser import RawConfigParser

config = RawConfigParser()
PROJECT_PATH = os.path.realpath(os.path.dirname(__file__))
config.read(os.path.join(PROJECT_PATH, 'settings.conf'))

DEBUG = True
TEMPLATE_DEBUG = DEBUG

MANAGERS = ADMINS

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE'  : config.get('database','engine'),
        'NAME'    : config.get('database','name'),
        'USER'    : config.get('database','user'),
        'PASSWORD': config.get('database','password'),
        'HOST'    : config.get('database','host'),
        'PORT'    : config.get('database','port'),                     }
}

# Local time zone for this installation. Choices can be found here:
# http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_zones_by_name
# although not all choices may be available on all operating systems.
# On Unix systems, a value of None will cause Django to use the same
# timezone as the operating system.
# If running in a Windows environment this must be set to the same as your
# system time zone.
TIME_ZONE = 'America/Chicago'

# Language code for this installation. All choices can be found here:
# http://www.i18nguy.com/unicode/language-identifiers.html
LANGUAGE_CODE = 'en-us'

SITE_ID = 1

# If you set this to False, Django will make some optimizations so as not
# to load the internationalization machinery.
USE_I18N = True

# If you set this to False, Django will not format dates, numbers and
# calendars according to the current locale
USE_L10N = True

# Absolute filesystem path to the directory that will hold user-uploaded files.
# Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/media/"
MEDIA_ROOT = os.path.join(PROJECT_PATH, 'media')

# URL that handles the media served from MEDIA_ROOT. Make sure to use a
# trailing slash.
# Examples: "http://media.lawrence.com/media/", "http://example.com/media/"
MEDIA_URL = config.get('media_url', 'value')

# Absolute path to the directory static files should be collected to.
# Don't put anything in this directory yourself; store your static files
# in apps' "static/" subdirectories and in STATICFILES_DIRS.
# Example: "/home/media/media.lawrence.com/static/"
STATIC_ROOT = os.path.join(PROJECT_PATH, 'static')

# URL prefix for static files.
# Example: "http://media.lawrence.com/static/"
STATIC_URL = config.get('static_url', 'value')

# URL prefix for admin static files -- CSS, JavaScript and images.
# Make sure to use a trailing slash.
# Examples: "http://foo.com/static/admin/", "/static/admin/".
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/static/admin/'

# Additional locations of static files
STATICFILES_DIRS = (
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/static" or "C:/www/django/static".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
)

# List of finder classes that know how to find static files in
# various locations.
STATICFILES_FINDERS = (
    'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.FileSystemFinder',
    'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.AppDirectoriesFinder',
#    'django.contrib.staticfiles.finders.DefaultStorageFinder',
)

# Make this unique, and don't share it with anybody.
SECRET_KEY = ''

# List of callables that know how to import templates from various sources.
TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
    'django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader',
    'django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader',
#     'django.template.loaders.eggs.Loader',
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
)

ROOT_URLCONF = 'urls'

WSGI_APPLICATION = 'wsgi.application'

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    # Put strings here, like "/home/html/django_templates" or "C:/www/django/templates".
    # Always use forward slashes, even on Windows.
    # Don't forget to use absolute paths, not relative paths.
    os.path.join(PROJECT_PATH, 'templates'),

)

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.sites',
    'django.contrib.messages',
    'django.contrib.staticfiles',
    # Uncomment the next line to enable the admin:
    'django.contrib.admin',
    # Uncomment the next line to enable admin documentation:
    'django.contrib.admindocs',
    'south',
    'Bids',
    'BingoUsers',
    'CricketGame',
    'generator',
    'QuestionBase',
    'admin',
    'Notification',
    'Merchant',
    'Deal',
    )

# A sample logging configuration. The only tangible logging
# performed by this configuration is to send an email to
# the site admins on every HTTP 500 error.
# See http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/logging for
# more details on how to customize your logging configuration.
LOGGING = {
    'version': 1,
    'disable_existing_loggers': False,
    'handlers': {
        'mail_admins': {
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'class': 'django.utils.log.AdminEmailHandler'
        }
    },
    'loggers': {
        'django.request': {
            'handlers': ['mail_admins'],
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'propagate': True,
        },
    }
}

and my setting.conf is
[media_url]
value : http://kasakoo.com/media/

[static_url]
value : /static/

[debug]
value : True

[database]
engine    : django.db.backends.mysql
name      : kasakoo
user      : root
password  : password
host      : localhost
port      : 3306

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Lachlan Musicman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Navnath Gadakh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database'

Although a quick google of the phrase is showing up lots of
mysql-python hits - is python-mysqldb (for ubuntu, YMMV) installed
correctly on your system?

Cheers
L.

--
...we look at the present day through a rear-view mirror. This is
something Marshall McLuhan said back in the Sixties, when the world
was in the grip of authentic-seeming future narratives. He said, “We
look at the present through a rear-view mirror. We march backwards
into the future.”

http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=14314

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Navnath Gadakh
yes mysql db is installed on my ubuntu

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Laxmikant Gurnalkar
Thats the same I'm saying to you.
In your settings.conf. There is no section named 'database'
create a section in that file to store your database info.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Navnath Gadakh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

GlxGuru

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

Nick Dokos
Laxmikant Gurnalkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thats the same I'm saying to you.
> In your settings.conf. There is no section named 'database'

Look again: there *is* a [database] section at the very bottom:

    [database]
    engine    : django.db.backends.mysql
    name      : kasakoo
    user      : root
    password  : password
    host      : localhost
    port      : 3306

Nick

> [...]
>                 'level': 'ERROR',
>                 'propagate': True,
>             },
>         }
>     }
>
>     and my setting.conf is
>     [media_url]
>     value : http://kasakoo.com/media/
>
>     [static_url]
>     value : /static/
>
>     [debug]
>     value : True
>
>     [database]
>     engine    : django.db.backends.mysql
>     name      : kasakoo
>     user      : root
>     password  : password
>     host      : localhost
>     port      : 3306
>
>     --

>             GlxGuru

Re: i am getting ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'database' plz help

ohh sorry I didnt checked, I thought it was the part of settings itself.