Quantcast

iPython notebook In [*]: numbering

Krischu

I'm new to python and ipython. After the first steps I did I found that the numbering scheme in the Webapp (notebook) is kind of unpredicatble.

When I started I had In [0]:, In[1] etc.

Now the notebook starts with In [2]:, In [3]: then In [9]:

Yesterday before storing and leaving the notebook I suddenly had all In[]'s marked like In [*]:

Is there a method behind this? Can one reorder/garbage collect the notebook?

Thanks

--
Christoph