invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly

invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly

Zsidó Zoltán-2
Hello list members,

We use .net 4.0 and Ironpython 2.6.2
During executing script ironPython code we get the following exception:
"The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly"
at this line:
advancedSlider1 = AdvancedSlider()

AdvancedSlider class is in a 3rd party dll. It is PerpetuumSoft.Widgets.dll

If we use .net 3.5 and IronPython 2.0.3 then it works.

Any idea about it?
Could I save the assembly to the filesystem instead of using dynamic assembly?

Thanks,

Zoltan Zsido

Re: invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly

Dino Viehland

I don’t know why they would throw this exception themselves, but I would guess that they’re using reflection to find out the caller or something weird like that.

You probably need to create a thin C# wrapper which you call instead of calling it directly.  Or you could try using reflection to create an instance (although we may be doing that anyway).  You can also try calling it in a loop a couple hundred times and it may start succeeding as we do code gen and go through a faster code path.

Re: invoked member is not supported in a dynamic assembly

Zsidó Zoltán-2
Hello Dino,

Thanks for the help. The problem was in the 3rd party dll...

Regards,

Zoltan

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 6:52 PM