Quantcast

ipython loading messages

cutieontherun
When I run ipython from terminal in ubuntu 11.10, I get the following message. Although it seems to work, I would like to get rid of the warnings. I have no need for old configuration files and I am not sure why they are there. Is there any way to get rid of these old configuration files?
Thanks,

Here is what shows up when I run ipython:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipython-0.13.dev-py2.7.egg/IPython/utils/path.py:420: UserWarning: Found old IPython config file u'/home/anon/.ipython/ipythonrc' (modified by user)
  warnings.warn("Found old IPython config file %r (modified by user)"%f)
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipython-0.13.dev-py2.7.egg/IPython/utils/path.py:432: UserWarning:
  The IPython configuration system has changed as of 0.11, and these files will
  be ignored. See http://ipython.github.com/ipython-doc/dev/config for details
  of the new config system.
  To start configuring IPython, do `ipython profile create`, and edit
  `ipython_config.py` in <ipython_dir>/profile_default.
  If you need to leave the old config files in place for an older version of
  IPython and want to suppress this warning message, set
  `c.InteractiveShellApp.ignore_old_config=True` in the new config.
  `c.InteractiveShellApp.ignore_old_config=True` in the new config.""")

Re: ipython loading messages

Thomas Kluyver-2
On 27 March 2012 00:56, cutieontherun <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I run ipython from terminal in ubuntu 11.10, I get the following
> message. Although it seems to work, I would like to get rid of the warnings.
> I have no need for old configuration files and I am not sure why they are
> there. Is there any way to get rid of these old configuration files?

If you're not using them, you can safely delete them. If the old
config file exactly matches the default config file, IPython will
automatically delete it; if not, it will warn you that it's ignoring
it.

Thomas