jython setuptools

Joseph Siddall
Hi,
I’ve just installed python 2.7-b1 via brew on OSX Mavericks and want to get pip/easy_install installed for python so i can start installing python libraries to use in my jython project.

I’ve been using the instructions on http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/appendixA.html#setuptools to install setuptools.
Unfortunately I’m getting an error when I try running ez_setup.py with jython.

Can anyone help me workout how to install setuptools for jython. Below is the command I execute and the stack trace i’m getting.

> jython ez_setup.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ez_setup.py", line 279, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "ez_setup.py", line 213, in main
    from setuptools.command.easy_install import main
ImportError: No module named setuptools

Thank you

Regards
Joseph