locale module missing function

Tobias Weber-5
I need locale.bindtextdomain (to influence PyGTK) but in the Python supplied with Snow Leopard it doesn't exist!?

Re: locale module missing function

Nicholas Riley-4
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 08:32:38PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
> I need locale.bindtextdomain (to influence PyGTK) but in the Python supplied with Snow Leopard it doesn't exist!?

OS X does not provide gettext.  You'll need to compile your own Python
against the version of gettext PyGTK is using, or use another method
of calling bindtextdomain (e.g. ctypes).

--
Nicholas Riley <[hidden email]>