londonpython.org.uk

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

londonpython.org.uk

Tim Golden-4
http://londonpython.org.uk

Does anyone currently maintain this? I think it was set up
by Remi Delon (of Webfaction fame) in the days when Simon
used to organise Python meetups in the City, but I don't
have any  contact details for him.

If you are or if you know who looks after it currently could
you drop me a line, please?

Thanks

TJG
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: londonpython.org.uk

Gadget/Steve-2
On 05/02/2012 10:32 AM, Tim Golden wrote:

> http://londonpython.org.uk
>
> Does anyone currently maintain this? I think it was set up
> by Remi Delon (of Webfaction fame) in the days when Simon
> used to organise Python meetups in the City, but I don't
> have any  contact details for him.
>
> If you are or if you know who looks after it currently could
> you drop me a line, please?
>
> Thanks
>
> TJG
> _______________________________________________
> python-uk mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
>
>
Since it was last updated on the 3rd of Feb this year I would guess
someone is maintaining it.
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: londonpython.org.uk

Tim Golden-4
> On 05/02/2012 10:32 AM, Tim Golden wrote:
>> http://londonpython.org.uk
>>
>> Does anyone currently maintain this?

On 05/02/2012 11:34, Gadget/Steve wrote:
> Since it was last updated on the 3rd of Feb this year I would guess
> someone is maintaining it.


The front page is currently a planet aggregator. That 3rd
Feb posting is from *my* blog's RSS feed. To be honest I
didn't really mean "maintaining" in the sense of "making
updates" but rather: who can I talk to about transferring
responsibility for the domain.

TJG
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: londonpython.org.uk

James Broadhead
On 5 February 2012 11:39, Tim Golden <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 05/02/2012 10:32 AM, Tim Golden wrote:
>>>
>>> http://londonpython.org.uk
>>>
>>> Does anyone currently maintain this?
>
>
> On 05/02/2012 11:34, Gadget/Steve wrote:
>>
>> Since it was last updated on the 3rd of Feb this year I would guess
>> someone is maintaining it.
>
>
>
> The front page is currently a planet aggregator. That 3rd
> Feb posting is from *my* blog's RSS feed. To be honest I
> didn't really mean "maintaining" in the sense of "making
> updates" but rather: who can I talk to about transferring
> responsibility for the domain.
>
>
> TJG
> _______________________________________________
> python-uk mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk

Perhaps out of date, but:

$ whois londonpython.org.uk
...
    Registrant:
        Remi Delon
...

http://python.6.n6.nabble.com/London-Python-Planet-td2114391.html
http://accu.org/index.php/conferences/2006/speakers2006
_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: londonpython.org.uk

Menno Smits
On 2012-02-05 14:56, James Broadhead wrote:
> Perhaps out of date, but:
>
> $ whois londonpython.org.uk
> ...
>      Registrant:
>          Remi Delon

The history is that Remi registered the domain and created a (free)
account on a WebFaction server to host the content. I set up the Planet
instance and I think Simon Brunning added "announce" part later on. The
Planet aggregator has been running on autopilot since. Simon stopped
posting to the announce section when he stopped organising meetups.

Tim: I'm more than happy for you to do something with the site. I'll
shoot you a private email to discuss further.

Menno

_______________________________________________
python-uk mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-uk