.<tab> to print all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

.<tab> to print all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

Wes Turner
How do I / is there a way to restore the .<tab> prints all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

Is there a way to configure the new python-prompt-toolkit to not require multiple keystrokes to list the inspectable API of a class or instance?

Re: .<tab> to print all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

Wes Turner

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 1:23 AM, Wes Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do I / is there a way to restore the .<tab> prints all entries in sorted(dir(obj)) behavior?

Is there a way to configure the new python-prompt-toolkit to not require multiple keystrokes to list the inspectable API of a class or instance?

Is there a way to get my .inputrc readline bindings to work in IPython?
(Is there a way to restore the classic pre-python-prompt-toolkit completer functionality with a configuration setting?)

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather have my .inputrc readline bindings than these new features, TBH.

  Ctrl-[ == Ctrl-A
  Ctrl-] == Ctrl-E
  Ctrl-right
  Ctrl-left

I added this first stab at a (pseudo-stateful) parser, but it's probably not complete and lacking test cases:

"detect key-bindings from .inputrc"

In the meantime, how could one restore the classic IPCompleter or even just rlcompleter?