<video> in tiny_mce in django

MikeKJ
So I have this tag in a tiny-mce editor

If I directly address /media/vids/gardens.mp4 with the domain it works and plays but embedded as is I just get a black oblong on the screen, any ideas please?

BTW I didn't add </source> the editor did, I wrote ......type="video/mp4 />  the editor stripped the / and added </source>

Re: <video> in tiny_mce in django

MikeKJ
I also wrote <video width="840" height="472" controls> and the tiny-mce editor also stripped controls out, could that be the reason for the black oblong?

in the tiny-mce js I do have

this._def("extended_valid_elements", "video[controls|preload|width|height|data-setup],source[src|type]");

so I am confused why controls was stripped