menu item names

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi Barry, hi all,

being pointed at some irregularity menu items now display,
what about to rename it that way:

PyIndex
PyShell
PyTools
PyCommands

(?)
BTW PyShell still should take the virtualenv stuff, when ready

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: menu item names

Jeff Bauer
On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:56:23AM +0100, Andreas Röhler wrote:

> Hi Barry, hi all,
>
> being pointed at some irregularity menu items now display,
> what about to rename it that way:
>
> PyIndex
> PyShell
> PyTools
> PyCommands
>
> (?)
> BTW PyShell still should take the virtualenv stuff, when ready

 +1

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.

Re: menu item names

Barry Warsaw
On Feb 08, 2012, at 09:56 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>being pointed at some irregularity menu items now display,
>what about to rename it that way:
>
>PyIndex
>PyShell
>PyTools
>PyCommands
>
>(?)
>BTW PyShell still should take the virtualenv stuff, when ready
What are "menus"? :)

Seriously, I have little useful feedback, as I disable all Emacs menus.

Cheers,
-Barry

Re: menu item names

François Pinard
Jeff Bauer <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:56:23AM +0100, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>> PyIndex
>> PyShell
>> PyTools
>> PyCommands

>  +1

PyCommands is a bit longish visually, and the name does not give a big
clue that it gives a menu for the Python mode proper.  Could it be
something like `Python' or `PyMode' maybe?  I'm not fully satisfied, but
do not have a better idea.

François

Re: menu item names

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 08.02.2012 16:17, schrieb François Pinard:

> Jeff Bauer<[hidden email]>  writes:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:56:23AM +0100, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>
>>> PyIndex
>>> PyShell
>>> PyTools
>>> PyCommands
>
>>   +1
>
> PyCommands is a bit longish visually, and the name does not give a big
> clue that it gives a menu for the Python mode proper.  Could it be
> something like `Python' or `PyMode' maybe?  I'm not fully satisfied, but
> do not have a better idea.
>
> François

what about moving the exec stuff into now PyShell, renaming PyShell PyExec

than PyCommands might be renamed PyEdit

?

Re: menu item names

François Pinard
Andreas Röhler <[hidden email]> writes:

> than PyCommands might be renamed PyEdit

PyEdit!  Hey, that's the best so far! :-)

François

Re: menu item names

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 08.02.2012 16:07, schrieb Barry Warsaw:

> On Feb 08, 2012, at 09:56 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>
>> being pointed at some irregularity menu items now display,
>> what about to rename it that way:
>>
>> PyIndex
>> PyShell
>> PyTools
>> PyCommands
>>
>> (?)
>> BTW PyShell still should take the virtualenv stuff, when ready
>
> What are "menus"? :)
>
> Seriously, I have little useful feedback, as I disable all Emacs menus.

when ready, it should deliver a nice reference also for the experienced
user.

but wait... :)