milestone 5.1.1

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi Barry,

looks like milestone is reached now.
As Skip asked for a tarball...

Cheers

Andreas

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Barry Warsaw
On Jan 08, 2011, at 09:17 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>looks like milestone is reached now.
>As Skip asked for a tarball...

Okay, it looks like r377 is it, right?  If neither you or Georg plan to make
any more commits, I'll tag this version and do the release.  Let me know.

-Barry

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Georg Brandl-3

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Barry Warsaw
On Jan 08, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>I'm not sure whether to keep the string-escaping highlighting; I've started
>seeing mishighlighted files again...  did anyone else notice something?

I haven't yet, but I also haven't done a lot of Python hacking with the latest
rev.  I will over the next few days, so perhaps we should let r377 bake for a
few days and either fix the problem, or do a release early next week.

-Barry

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 08.01.2011 22:57, schrieb Barry Warsaw:

> On Jan 08, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure whether to keep the string-escaping highlighting; I've started
>> seeing mishighlighted files again...  did anyone else notice something?
>
> I haven't yet, but I also haven't done a lot of Python hacking with the latest
> rev.  I will over the next few days, so perhaps we should let r377 bake for a
> few days and either fix the problem, or do a release early next week.
>
> -Barry

Wondered why the graph of milestone doesn't show its fullfilled.
Seems, it requires a "released" declaration.

Both tasks, where the milestone is declared for, are signaled
"committed". So we get the tarball BTW

Andreas

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Barry Warsaw
On Jan 08, 2011, at 11:08 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>Wondered why the graph of milestone doesn't show its fullfilled.
>Seems, it requires a "released" declaration.

There's no such state as 'fulfilled' afaik.  Yes, we'll have to explicitly
push the 'released' button.  Note that it's also possible to operate without
formal milestones.  In that case, when you release, you essentially create the
milestone for the release right then and there.

>Both tasks, where the milestone is declared for, are signaled "committed". So
>we get the tarball BTW

Since Georg has one last outstanding issue, let's wait for him to give the
green light and then I'll make the release.

-Barry

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Georg Brandl-3

Re: milestone 5.1.1

Barry Warsaw
On Jan 09, 2011, at 08:29 AM, Georg Brandl wrote:

>I've now commented out the problematic code -- I'll try to find out more and
>maybe ask the Emacs devs, but it's not important enough to hold up a relese.
>
>BTW, NEWS says "New in version 5.2.0", so if you want to call the release
>5.1.1 you have to adapt this; however I'd say there are enough changes to
>warrant a minor-version step.

I agree.  I retired 5.1.1 and moved its items to the 5.2.0 milestone.  I've
tagged the tree and uploaded both the .el and the tgz file.  Thanks for all
your great work; I'm sending the announcement momentarily.

-Barry