mouse input in turtle module

Brian Blais
Hello,

I would like to find a way to pause, and get mouse input in the turtle module.  Since it is built on tk, I thought perhaps there would be an easy way, but I am stumped.  Specifically, I'd like something like:

x,y,button=mouse_input() # pause in here until the mouse is clicked in the turtle window

I know about the screenclick, where I can define a callback but I couldn't rig it to pause until a mouse clicked, even using global flags.  Is there an example of this somewhere?  For a bonus, I'd love to be able to <esc> out of it, either raising an exception or return a button=-1 or something.

thanks,

Brian Blais