mysql and Django

emma-36
Hi, the linux server of my company has mysql 1.2.1, which is too old
for Django. However, the administrator didn't want to upgrade it. I
have to install mysql 5.1.51 under my home directory. I did that
successfully, but Django still complain about the older mysql. Do you
know if there is a way to configure it so Django knows the path of the
new mysql? Thanks.

Re: mysql and Django

David Fischer
I think there is some confusion here. I'm guessing you are using mysql-
python v1.2.1 since a 1.x mysql version would probably date back to
the mid to late 90s. Ask the admin if it is possible to upgrade mysql-
python for which you do not need to upgrade MySQL itself or even take
down the database. It is also possible to build mysql-python against
the newer MySQL (there's probably a special option on mysql-python's
setup.py) yourself. As long as the newer version is in your PYTHONPATH
Django will pick it up.

On Oct 15, 1:39 pm, emma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, the linux server of my company has mysql 1.2.1, which is too old
> for Django. However, the administrator didn't want to upgrade it. I
> have to install mysql 5.1.51 under my home directory. I did that
> successfully, but Django still complain about the older mysql. Do you
> know if there is a way to configure it so Django knows the path of the
> new mysql? Thanks.

Re: mysql and Django

emma-36
Thanks a lot!

I have installed the new mysql-python under my home directory and
change PYTHONPATH. Now Django works well.

Cheers.