Quantcast

new Pyramid web framework classifier

Michael Merickel
Can we get a new classifier for the Pyramid web framework? Using the
old Pylons classifier is a little deceptive, I think.

I think it should be:

Framework :: Pyramid

Thanks,
Michael

Re: new Pyramid web framework classifier

Éric Araujo
Hi,

Le 10/04/2012 09:46, Michael Merickel a écrit :
> Can we get a new classifier for the Pyramid web framework? Using the
> old Pylons classifier is a little deceptive, I think.
>
> I think it should be:
>
> Framework :: Pyramid

“Deceptive” sounds a bit strong to me, but +1 on the proposal.

Cheers

Re: new Pyramid web framework classifier

"Martin v. Löwis"
Am 10.04.2012 15:46, schrieb Michael Merickel:
> Can we get a new classifier for the Pyramid web framework? Using the
> old Pylons classifier is a little deceptive, I think.
>
> I think it should be:
>
> Framework :: Pyramid

What specific packages already on PyPI would use this classifier?

Regards,
Martin

Re: new Pyramid web framework classifier

Andreas Jung-5
Applications running on top of Pyramid like

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zopyx.smartprintng.server/1.1.1

?

-aj

lists.vcf (448 bytes) Download Attachment

Am 16.04.2012 15:30, schrieb Andreas Jung:
> Applications running on top of Pyramid like
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zopyx.smartprintng.server/1.1.1
>
> ?

Can you kindly provide a second example?

I (honestly) have no clue what Pyramid is or who might be
using it, and I need "a few" packages to justify the introduction
of a new classifier.

Regards,
Martin

Re: new Pyramid web framework classifier

Éric Araujo
Hello Martin,

> I (honestly) have no clue what Pyramid is or who might be
> using it, and I need "a few" packages to justify the introduction
> of a new classifier.

Pyramid is the Web framework resulting from the merge of Pylons and
repoze.bfg.  Pylons is not developed anymore and users switch to
Pyramid.  A new classifier would let people tag their extensions and
applications; see examples at
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=pyramid

HTH

Regards

Re: new Pyramid web framework classifier

Chris Withers-2
On 16/04/2012 14:47, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> I (honestly) have no clue what Pyramid is or who might be
> using it, and I need "a few" packages to justify the introduction
> of a new classifier.

It's a pretty popular web framework now ;-)

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Am 16.04.2012 15:53, schrieb Éric Araujo:

> Hello Martin,
>
>> I (honestly) have no clue what Pyramid is or who might be
>> using it, and I need "a few" packages to justify the introduction
>> of a new classifier.
>
> Pyramid is the Web framework resulting from the merge of Pylons and
> repoze.bfg.  Pylons is not developed anymore and users switch to
> Pyramid.  A new classifier would let people tag their extensions and
> applications; see examples at
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=pyramid
>
> HTH

It does indeed. I've added the classifier.

Regards,
Martin