new branch `python-mode-com

Andreas Röhler-2

Hi Barry, hi all,

new branch `python-mode-components' intends
towards a python-IDE as discussed ago.

`python-mode-components' enables use of `imenu' in
python-buffers.

Basiscally it splits up python-mode.el.

That should make further editing easier, permitting
pydb.el alongside with existing pdb-functions etc.

Too the pure number of functions will increase
considerable, if realised.

Just starting. Maybe all should integrate into CEDET still?
See also `thingatpt-python-expressions.el'

at

https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

-- which is fairly experimental.

Two minor functions have been added, see below.
Comments welcome.

Andreas

;;;;;;;;;;;;;

(defun py-statement-forward (count)
   "Like `py-next-statement', but moves to the statements text
beginning, returns position. "
   (interactive "p")
   (py-next-statement count)
   (back-to-indentation)
   (when (interactive-p) (message "%s" (point)))
   (point))

(defun py-statement-backward (count)
   "Like `py-previous-statement', but move to the statements text
beginning, returns position. "
   (interactive "p")
   (py-previous-statement count)
   (back-to-indentation)
   (when (interactive-p) (message "%s" (point)))
   (point))

Re: new branch `python-mode-com

Barry Warsaw
On Sep 15, 2010, at 05:46 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>Hi Barry, hi all,

Hi Andreas,

>new branch `python-mode-components' intends
>towards a python-IDE as discussed ago.
>
>`python-mode-components' enables use of `imenu' in
>python-buffers.
>
>Basiscally it splits up python-mode.el.

I think it's cool to work on advanced features, maybe even by writing and
delivering multiple .el files.  I do think however that we want to keep
current functionality in one file so that it's very easy for folks to
install.

>That should make further editing easier, permitting
>pydb.el alongside with existing pdb-functions etc.
>
>Too the pure number of functions will increase
>considerable, if realised.
>
>Just starting. Maybe all should integrate into CEDET still?
>See also `thingatpt-python-expressions.el'

I don't use CEDET so I don't have too much to say about it.  Do what you think
is right!

-Barry