new to documenting python

Chris Jerdonek
Hi,

I'm new to this list.

I read in "Documenting Python" that you're discussing/starting to
migrate from LaTeX markup to XML.  If I'm interested in learning to
write documentation for a Python application, does it still make sense
for me to learn using your LaTeX approach?  When do you expect being
able to generate PDFs from XML?

Thanks,
--Chris

PS - the link to the Linux Documentation Project is broken here and
here:
http://www.python.org/sigs/doc-sig/

Re: new to documenting python

Aahz
On Wed, Dec 28, 2005, Chris Jerdonek wrote:

> I read in "Documenting Python" that you're discussing/starting to
> migrate from LaTeX markup to XML.  If I'm interested in learning to
> write documentation for a Python application, does it still make sense
> for me to learn using your LaTeX approach?  When do you expect being
> able to generate PDFs from XML?

Switching away from LaTeX is still pie-in-the-sky.  But you certainly
don't need to use LaTeX for your own application -- pick whatever suits
you.
--
Aahz ([hidden email])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger."  --Roy Smith