new to open source contribution

Shruti Satish
i am new to open source and would like to contribute.

how do i setup for Django development?

also can i be pointed towards easy and relativey easy bug fixes/issues and the corresponding repos?

Re: new to open source contribution

Abhijeet Viswa
Hey,

Checkout Django's "Contributing to Django" documentation here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/internals/contributing/
You can find a list of reported bugs and request feature updates on
Django Trac here: https://code.djangoproject.com/

Django uses Git as a VCS. If you haven't used Django (and aren't
familiar with), I'd personally recommend you go through Django's
tutorials. This will make it more easier to understand how Django's
MVC works and will help you get started with contribution.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 18:11, Shruti Satish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am new to open source and would like to contribute.
>
> how do i setup for Django development?
>
> also can i be pointed towards easy and relativey easy bug fixes/issues and the corresponding repos?

Abhijeet

Re: new to open source contribution

Umang Bisht
Hi shruti,
I am soon posting my django development tutorials from beginners to expert on my YouTube channel 'Backend to Frontend' . You'll definitely love it.
Thanks

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 18:45 Abhijeet Viswa <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey,

Checkout Django's "Contributing to Django" documentation here:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/2.2/internals/contributing/
You can find a list of reported bugs and request feature updates on
Django Trac here: https://code.djangoproject.com/

Django uses Git as a VCS. If you haven't used Django (and aren't
familiar with), I'd personally recommend you go through Django's
tutorials. This will make it more easier to understand how Django's
MVC works and will help you get started with contribution.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 18:11, Shruti Satish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am new to open source and would like to contribute.
>
> how do i setup for Django development?
>
> also can i be pointed towards easy and relativey easy bug fixes/issues and the corresponding repos?

Abhijeet

Re: new to open source contribution

Carlos Leite
Hi Satish,

there is a list just for that :  [hidden email]

ask anything about start to contributing to django , people are there for it.
You will be welcome

Em sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2019 09:41:13 UTC-3, Shruti Satish escreveu:
i am new to open source and would like to contribute.

how do i setup for Django development?

also can i be pointed towards easy and relativey easy bug fixes/issues and the corresponding repos?

Re: new to open source contribution

Himanshu Mohan
Hi,
I tried sending in below email group and it’s coming as Undelivered

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu