(no subject)

Eric Snow-2
How closely is tokenize.detect_encoding() supposed to match
PyTokenizer_FindEncoding()?  From what I can tell, there is a subtle
difference in their behavior that has bearing on PEP 263 handling
during import. [1]  Should any difference be considered a bug, or
should I work around it?  Thanks.

-eric

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/

Re: (no subject)

"Martin v. Löwis"
Am 19.04.2012 10:00, schrieb Eric Snow:
> How closely is tokenize.detect_encoding() supposed to match
> PyTokenizer_FindEncoding()?  From what I can tell, there is a subtle
> difference in their behavior that has bearing on PEP 263 handling
> during import. [1]  Should any difference be considered a bug, or
> should I work around it?  Thanks.

If there is such a difference, it's a bug. The authority should be the
PEP.

Regards,
Martin