operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

Kean Dumba
Hi,

I'm new to django and python.

I created a database, but Every time I access my database on the backend, I get the no such column exists error.
I cant understand how a column i didn't create, exists in the database, and is preventing dbase management.

I have attached s.shot of the error.

Im using the sqlite3 db with version django version 2.2.3

Please can anyone help with ID, root cause and fix?

Best,

Kean

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 18.24.35.png (79K) Download Attachment

Re: operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

Kean Dumba
Hi,

Thanks for response. I have tried to migrate several times.
shell response from django is ‘No migrations to apply”

Not sure if this is a bug in Django?

Best,

On 14 Aug 2019, at 19:12, Tosin Ayoola <[hidden email]> wrote:

Did u do d python manage.py makemigrations, python manage.py migrate, that d main cause of diz type of errors

On Aug 14, 2019 18:32, "Kean" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to django and python.

I created a database, but Every time I access my database on the backend, I get the no such column exists error.
I cant understand how a column i didn't create, exists in the database, and is preventing dbase management.

I have attached s.shot of the error.

Im using the sqlite3 db with version django version 2.2.3

Please can anyone help with ID, root cause and fix?

Best,

Kean

Re: operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

Kean Dumba

It seems when django runs the make migrations procedure, if there are no migrations to make,
it does not create a migrate file, I’m not sure if this is because there is nothing to migrate,
subsequently nothing to report, so no folder or reports get generated.

this is big assumption of mine, i am new to django, it really needs a django expert to weigh in..

Best,

On 14 Aug 2019, at 19:18, RONAK JAIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

closed down instance django running
deleted db.sqlite3
run python3 manage.py makemigrations
run python3 manage.py migrate

all exceptions were handled and migrate file created.

checked in admin on ‘myowndbase'…error still appears.

Best,

On 14 Aug 2019, at 19:35, Tosin Ayoola <[hidden email]> wrote:

 delete my sqlite.db file

Re: operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

Kean Dumba
Hi,

Thanks for the help, it is making progress I think.
Since deleting and recreating, I now have a different error.

Please see below:

OperationalError at /admin/accounts/businessownercreate/

no such table: accounts_businessownercreate
Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/accounts/businessownercreate/
Django Version:2.2.4
Exception Type:OperationalError
Exception Value:
no such table: accounts_businessownercreate
Exception Location:/Users/ProductionEnv/Desktop/prj1/project/lib/python3.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py in execute, line 383
Python Executable:/Users/ProductionEnv/Desktop/prj1/project/bin/python3
Python Version:3.7.4

So when trying to access the table, I get the above error messages.

Is there another step for me to undertake to resolve?

Best,

On 14 Aug 2019, at 19:53, Kean <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

closed down instance django running
deleted db.sqlite3
run python3 manage.py makemigrations
run python3 manage.py migrate

all exceptions were handled and migrate file created.

checked in admin on ‘myowndbase'…error still appears.

Best,

On 14 Aug 2019, at 19:35, Tosin Ayoola <[hidden email]> wrote:

 delete my sqlite.db file

Re: operational error no such column: accounts_businessownercreate.id

Kean Dumba
HI Ronak,

Ok, please can you guide me through how to do this, I have team viewer?

Thanks,

Kean