paragraph-fill-warts branch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

paragraph-fill-warts branch

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi Skip,

the old bug should be gone now.

As its redone from the bottom, filling isn't correct yet.


However, borders of triple-quoted-string now are recognised,

`ar-bounds-of-triplequoted-atpt' should report it for example,

the remaining should not be a rocky mountain.


Andreas
_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: paragraph-fill-warts branch

Skip Montanaro-3

    Andreas> the old bug should be gone now.

    Andreas> As its redone from the bottom, filling isn't correct yet.

    Andreas> However, borders of triple-quoted-string now are recognised,

    Andreas> `ar-bounds-of-triplequoted-atpt' should report it for example,

    Andreas> the remaining should not be a rocky mountain.

Looks much better.  Goes from this:

    """
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
    """

to this:

    """ triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string
    containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing "quotation"
    marks.  triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted
    string containing "quotation" marks.  """

no matter where I place the cursor.

Thanks,

Skip
_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: paragraph-fill-warts branch

Georg Brandl-2

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:20:56 -0600
> Von: [hidden email]
> An: "Andreas Röhler" <[hidden email]>
> CC: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Python-mode] paragraph-fill-warts branch

>
>     Andreas> the old bug should be gone now.
>
>     Andreas> As its redone from the bottom, filling isn't correct yet.
>
>     Andreas> However, borders of triple-quoted-string now are recognised,
>
>     Andreas> `ar-bounds-of-triplequoted-atpt' should report it for
> example,
>
>     Andreas> the remaining should not be a rocky mountain.
>
> Looks much better.  Goes from this:
>
>     """
>     triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>     triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>     triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>     triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>     triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>     """
>
> to this:
>
>     """ triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted
> string
>     containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing
> "quotation"
>     marks.  triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
> triple-quoted
>     string containing "quotation" marks.  """
>
> no matter where I place the cursor.

Which is not how this should work.

* If there is an initial linebreak it should remain there.
* If there is a final linebreak it should remain there.

And if there is no initial linebreak, please do not put a
space between the quotes and the docstring text.

Georg
--
NEU: FreePhone - kostenlos mobil telefonieren und surfen!
Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone
_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: paragraph-fill-warts branch

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 29.01.2011 22:34, schrieb [hidden email]:

>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:20:56 -0600
>> Von: [hidden email]
>> An: "Andreas Röhler"<[hidden email]>
>> CC: [hidden email]
>> Betreff: Re: [Python-mode] paragraph-fill-warts branch
>
>>
>>      Andreas>  the old bug should be gone now.
>>
>>      Andreas>  As its redone from the bottom, filling isn't correct yet.
>>
>>      Andreas>  However, borders of triple-quoted-string now are recognised,
>>
>>      Andreas>  `ar-bounds-of-triplequoted-atpt' should report it for
>> example,
>>
>>      Andreas>  the remaining should not be a rocky mountain.
>>
>> Looks much better.  Goes from this:
>>
>>      """
>>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>>      triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>>      """
>>
>> to this:
>>
>>      """ triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted
>> string
>>      containing "quotation" marks.  triple-quoted string containing
>> "quotation"
>>      marks.  triple-quoted string containing "quotation" marks.
>> triple-quoted
>>      string containing "quotation" marks.  """
>>
>> no matter where I place the cursor.
>
> Which is not how this should work.
>
> * If there is an initial linebreak it should remain there.
> * If there is a final linebreak it should remain there.
>
> And if there is no initial linebreak, please do not put a
> space between the quotes and the docstring text.
>
> Georg

Hi Georg, hi Skip,

just checked in a new version of fill-warts branch and also components
branch

It's definitly upwards the hill, but some issues remain.

We have a bug in GNU's fill.el

After paragraph-fill-function is called, it should retire from all other
work.

Unfortunatly later on (fill-region-as-paragraph beg end justify) comes
across and messes it up.

Altogether looks with GNU still better than with XEmacs, which
progresses also.

To make some pieces from the remaining:

Could you check with `py-fill-paragraph' directly leaving out M-q?
That would make it easier coming to some result.

When reporting the remaining bugs, please make an entry in the tracker
and mention the kind of Emacs/version.

Thanks all

Andreas





_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: paragraph-fill-warts branch

Skip Montanaro-3

    Andreas> When reporting the remaining bugs, please make an entry in the
    Andreas> tracker and mention the kind of Emacs/version.

Done:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/710373

Andreas, if you would like a login on my Mac laptop so you can play with my
version of XEmacs, let me know.  I suspect you will converge on working code
more quickly if you don't have to wait for me to complain.

Skip
_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: paragraph-fill-warts branch

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 30.01.2011 23:16, schrieb [hidden email]:

>
>      Andreas>  When reporting the remaining bugs, please make an entry in the
>      Andreas>  tracker and mention the kind of Emacs/version.
>
> Done:
>
>    https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-mode/+bug/710373
>
> Andreas, if you would like a login on my Mac laptop so you can play with my
> version of XEmacs, let me know.  I suspect you will converge on working code
> more quickly if you don't have to wait for me to complain.
>
> Skip
>

Thanks, looks like a nice play.

So I must log in via ssh?

May you use my public key vom lp?

Not sure about the steps for this.


Andreas


_______________________________________________
Python-mode mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-mode