Quantcast

pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Luca Didaci
Dear All,

there is a way to obtain pdf slides from a  Jupyter/IPython notebook using damianavila/RISE ?

Using nbconvert I CAN'T obtain pdf slides with a page for each page shown in RISE.

Thanks!
Luca

Re: pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Fernando Perez

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can try going into slideshow mode and then using the browser's print function. I think this has been a problem in the past, though, and I don't know if it's any better now.

Supposedly adding `?print-pdf` to the URL makes this possible, but I know I and others have struggled with making it work reliably; e.g. https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/1252.  Some more (old) background is here: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/3993.  I haven't tested recently, so I have no idea if it's any better. Would love to hear if anyone has a reliable solution for this, coincidentally a colleague was asking me about this very problem just a few days ago.

Cheers

Re: pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Damián Avila
Specifically for RISE, there have been some comments lately on this issue: https://github.com/damianavila/RISE/issues/127#issuecomment-289034824

I did not tested but it seems to be working.

BTW, I hope to make to updates/enhancements soon to use the latest reveal.js that seems to be better at the pdf generation (several PRs on that topic merge lately). That should impact (and make better) the slides coming from nbconvert and also RISE.

Cheers.