Quantcast

pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Luca Didaci
Dear All,

there is a way to obtain pdf slides from a  Jupyter/IPython notebook using damianavila/RISE ?

Using nbconvert I CAN'T obtain pdf slides with a page for each page shown in RISE.

Thanks!
Luca

Re: pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Fernando Perez

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can try going into slideshow mode and then using the browser's print function. I think this has been a problem in the past, though, and I don't know if it's any better now.

Supposedly adding `?print-pdf` to the URL makes this possible, but I know I and others have struggled with making it work reliably; e.g. https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/1252.  Some more (old) background is here: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/3993.  I haven't tested recently, so I have no idea if it's any better. Would love to hear if anyone has a reliable solution for this, coincidentally a colleague was asking me about this very problem just a few days ago.

Cheers