Quantcast

*ping*?

Glenn Sieb
*tap tap* Is this thing on? :)

I'd like to help out with docs and such, if possible?

Best,
--Glenn
          ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Re: *ping*?

Barry Warsaw
On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:

> *tap tap* Is this thing on? :)

I'm here. :)

> I'd like to help out with docs and such, if possible?

That would be great.  Any ideas about what you'd like to work on?

-Barry

Re: *ping*?

Jay Ashworth-2
On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:38:54AM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
> > *tap tap* Is this thing on? :)
>
> I'm here. :)

Be damned.  I don't get a monthly reminder on this list, I don't think,
Barry.

> > I'd like to help out with docs and such, if possible?
>
> That would be great.  Any ideas about what you'd like to work on?

Hmmm.

<aol>Meetoo</aol>

Clearly, I need to find a good coder to help me with this idea I have
to writing a bot to extract DocBook documentation source files *back
out* of a MediaWiki.  It's The Coming Thing.

Hey.  Barry.  *You're* a python programmer.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [hidden email]
Designer                          Baylink                             RFC 2100

        A: No.
        Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?

Re: *ping*?

Barry Warsaw
On Mar 3, 2006, at 10:15 AM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:38:54AM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
>>> *tap tap* Is this thing on? :)
>>
>> I'm here. :)
>
> Be damned.  I don't get a monthly reminder on this list, I don't
> think,
> Barry.

I'll have to pay attention on the next Mailman Day (tm).  I don't
remember seeing one either, but I mostly ignore them.  And the list /
is/ set to send them.

>>> I'd like to help out with docs and such, if possible?
>>
>> That would be great.  Any ideas about what you'd like to work on?
>
> Hmmm.
>
> <aol>Meetoo</aol>
>
> Clearly, I need to find a good coder to help me with this idea I have
> to writing a bot to extract DocBook documentation source files *back
> out* of a MediaWiki.  It's The Coming Thing.
>
> Hey.  Barry.  *You're* a python programmer.  :-)

It's definitely a cool idea.  Let me know when you've got that
venture capital lined up so I can quit my job to work on it. :)  But
it really is a good idea!

-Barry

Re: *ping*?

Glenn Sieb
(and of course I didn't hit "reply all"...)

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Glenn Sieb wrote:
>
>> *tap tap* Is this thing on? :)
>
> I'm here. :)
>
>> I'd like to help out with docs and such, if possible?
>
> That would be great.  Any ideas about what you'd like to work on?

Actually, I'd kind of like to work on the stuff displayed to the end
users/list admins? It's sort of documentation, right? :) Helping with
the online help stuff?

I can't tell you how many times I've had to hold hands for users and
admins on my server, because they don't speak "geekese". Would there be
an interest in this?

Best,
--Glenn