Quantcast

preparing 2.3.1 release

Felix Schwarz
Hi,

some months ago I volunteered to maintain 2.3.x for some time. Since
then I gathered some patches in the svn branch. It took me longer than
expected to apply all the patches people sent me (due to this 'real
life' thing), apologies for that.

Howver I think the 2.3 branch in svn now contains the most important
patches which are:
- 2661      Python 2.6 compatibility for test suite
- 2662      remove DeprecationWarnings for Python 2.6
- 2663      Backport of r1766: EINTR errors on Ctrl-C
- 2690      fix CherryPy regression with Python 2.5+: Always use \n as
             separator for cookie lines (#995)
- 2691      Added handling of invalid cookie names by responding with
             400 Bad Request (#868, backport of r2175)
- 2692      Python 2.7 compatibility for test suite: httplib no longer
             converts values to string in Python 2.7 (patch by Martin
             Bacovsky, Fedora/Red Hat)
- 2693      prevent hangs in test suite when a test failed with Python
             2.7 (patch by Martin Bacovsky, Fedora/Red Hat)

Eventually I want to publish a 2.3.1 release. In order to do that I
think there should be a couple of steps:
0. Announce status on cherry-devel (that's this mail ;-)
1. Ask for user testing on cherrypy-users
2. wait three weeks if there are any regressions
3. publish release

Does that sound like a sane plan? Comments?
fs

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: preparing 2.3.1 release

Christoph Zwerschke
Am 29.08.2010 18:32 schrieb Felix Schwarz:
> Does that sound like a sane plan? Comments?

Sounds good! I wanted to release a new TG 1.1.x version anyway because
of a change in peak.rules that broke TG 1.1, and will then set CP 2.3.1
as the new requirement. So the sooner we get it the better, because
people are waiting for the TG 1.x update.

-- Christoph

RE: preparing 2.3.1 release

Robert Brewer-4
Felix Schwarz wrote:

> some months ago I volunteered to maintain 2.3.x for some time. Since
> then I gathered some patches in the svn branch. It took me longer than
> expected to apply all the patches people sent me (due to this 'real
> life' thing), apologies for that.
>
> Howver I think the 2.3 branch in svn now contains the most important
> patches which are:
> - 2661      Python 2.6 compatibility for test suite
> - 2662      remove DeprecationWarnings for Python 2.6
> - 2663      Backport of r1766: EINTR errors on Ctrl-C
> - 2690      fix CherryPy regression with Python 2.5+: Always use \n as
>              separator for cookie lines (#995)
> - 2691      Added handling of invalid cookie names by responding with
>              400 Bad Request (#868, backport of r2175)
> - 2692      Python 2.7 compatibility for test suite: httplib no longer
>              converts values to string in Python 2.7 (patch by Martin
>              Bacovsky, Fedora/Red Hat)
> - 2693      prevent hangs in test suite when a test failed with Python
>              2.7 (patch by Martin Bacovsky, Fedora/Red Hat)
>
> Eventually I want to publish a 2.3.1 release. In order to do that I
> think there should be a couple of steps:
> 0. Announce status on cherry-devel (that's this mail ;-)
> 1. Ask for user testing on cherrypy-users
> 2. wait three weeks if there are any regressions
> 3. publish release
>
> Does that sound like a sane plan? Comments?

Make it so. Feel free to make 2.3.1RC1 if you feel it would help get more people to test it.

Robert Brewer

Re: preparing 2.3.1 release

fetchinson .
>> Does that sound like a sane plan? Comments?
>
> Sounds good! I wanted to release a new TG 1.1.x version anyway because
> of a change in peak.rules that broke TG 1.1, and will then set CP 2.3.1
> as the new requirement. So the sooner we get it the better, because
> people are waiting for the TG 1.x update.

Both sounds really cool, thanks guys!

A happy cherrypy and tg1 user,
Daniel