private sip?

William Kyngesburye
Sorry if this was answered already, I then missed it - I'm trying to build the latest PyQt5 5.11.1, but configure.py is complaining that it can't import PyQt5.sip:

Error: Unable to import PyQt5.sip. Make sure you have configured SIP to create
a private copy of the sip module.

I don't see any option in sip (4.19.10) to build a "private" copy.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.

Re: private sip?

Florian Bruhin
On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 09:10:16PM -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Sorry if this was answered already, I then missed it - I'm trying to build the latest PyQt5 5.11.1, but configure.py is complaining that it can't import PyQt5.sip:
>
> Error: Unable to import PyQt5.sip. Make sure you have configured SIP to create
> a private copy of the sip module.
>
> I don't see any option in sip (4.19.10) to build a "private" copy.

Took me a moment as well to figure it out, but it's this option:

  --sip-module=NAME     the package.module name of the sip module [default: sip]

i.e., passing --sip-module=PyQt5.sip will build sip as PyQt5.sip.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)

Re: private sip?

William Kyngesburye
I found it.

Seems to be a silly requirement for PyQt5.  A problem is that sipconfig.py was not installed with a private sip, this will break things for me down the line.  Maybe a bug - it is created in the source and does have PyQt5 as the sip_module_dir.

On Jul 1, 2018, at 3:10 AM, Florian Bruhin <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 09:10:16PM -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
Sorry if this was answered already, I then missed it - I'm trying to build the latest PyQt5 5.11.1, but configure.py is complaining that it can't import PyQt5.sip:

Error: Unable to import PyQt5.sip. Make sure you have configured SIP to create
a private copy of the sip module.

I don't see any option in sip (4.19.10) to build a "private" copy.

Took me a moment as well to figure it out, but it's this option:

 --sip-module=NAME     the package.module name of the sip module [default: sip]

i.e., passing --sip-module=PyQt5.sip will build sip as PyQt5.sip.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin

Re: private sip?

Kevin Mcintyre
I'm confused by this new requirement.

Does the --sip-module=PyQt5.sip get added to the python configure.py for sip or for PyQt?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 05:51:36PM -0700, Kevin Mcintyre wrote:
> I'm confused by this new requirement.
>
> Does the --sip-module=PyQt5.sip get added to the python configure.py for
> sip or for PyQt?

For sip. PyQt looks for a PyQt5.sip package, so you need to tell sip to
build itself as PyQt5.sip.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | [hidden email] (Mail/XMPP)