problem with python file???

Rob Healey
Greetings:

I have a file [1], that I am having a problem with, and I do not understand why?  Could you please explain how to handle this please???

[1] '/home/Frog/geps0042/gramps/plugins/records.gpr.py'

error: package directory '/home/Frog/geps0042/gramps/plugins/records/gpr' does not exist

--
Sincerely yours,
Rob G. Healey

Re: problem with python file???

Benji York
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:34 AM, Rob Healey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I have a file [1], that I am having a problem with, and I do not understand
> why?  Could you please explain how to handle this please???
>
> [1] '/home/Frog/geps0042/gramps/plugins/records.gpr.py'
>
> error: package directory '/home/Frog/geps0042/gramps/plugins/records/gpr'
> does not exist

Modules can not have a dot in their name.  To make foo.bar.baz
importable you need a foo directory with a baz subdirectory that
contains a file named baz.py.  See
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages for all the
details.

Also, despite the name of this list, a more appropriate place to ask
this kind of question would be the python-list or tutor list:
http://www.python.org/community/lists/
--
Benji York