problem with setuptools when using subversion 1.5

problem with setuptools when using subversion 1.5

robert rottermann
Hi there,
I found two problems using setuptools 0.6c8 in conjunction with suversion 1.5

1. the file setuptools/commands/sdist.py checks for '8' as the start of an
svn.entires file (line 89). in subversion 1.5 this is '9'.
2. it the tries to log a warning, but log is not imported (line 98).

I changed '8' to '9' and all works fine again. seems no further changes in the
structure of the file have been incoorporated that would affect the working of
setuptools.

thanks for your great tools
robert

Re: problem with setuptools when using subversion 1.5

Augie Fackler-2

On Jun 21, 2008, at 4:56 AM, robert rottermann wrote:

> Hi there,
> I found two problems using setuptools 0.6c8 in conjunction with
> suversion 1.5
>
> 1. the file setuptools/commands/sdist.py checks for '8' as the start
> of an svn.entires file (line 89). in subversion 1.5 this is '9'.
> 2. it the tries to log a warning, but log is not imported (line 98).
>
> I changed '8' to '9' and all works fine again. seems no further
> changes in the structure of the file have been incoorporated that
> would affect the working of setuptools.

I've read the svn notes on the wc entries file format - nothing
substantial has changed, and that regular expression should continue
to work.
I've even tried this on some checkouts that use the new features in a
version 9 entries file - the patch I've attached to the ticket http://bugs.python.org/issue2770
  fixes the problem. I've been running with that setup for months now.

If desired, I'll even rework the patch so that the missing import gets
fixed.