Quantcast

problems checking out source code

Roman
Hi,

I'm new to jython.
I was trying to checkout source code according to http://wiki.python.org/jython/JythonDeveloperGuide, but I'm getting the following error:
destination directory: jython
requesting all changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 6355 changesets with 21144 changes to 3712 files (+12 heads)
updating to branch default
pulling subrepo CPythonLib

And I have nothing except CPythonLib. Any idea how to work around this issue?

Jython dev FAQ does not have anything about this problem: http://wiki.python.org/jython/DeveloperFAQ

Thanks!

Re: problems checking out source code

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
Sorry for the re-email Roman, darn gmail not giving me a quick
reply-all bit me again :(

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Roman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to jython.
> I was trying to checkout source code according
> to http://wiki.python.org/jython/JythonDeveloperGuide, but I'm getting the
> following error:
> $ hg clone http://hg.python.org/jython
> destination directory: jython
> requesting all changes
> adding changesets
> adding manifests
> adding file changes
> added 6355 changesets with 21144 changes to 3712 files (+12 heads)
> updating to branch default
> pulling subrepo CPythonLib
> abort: repository [svn]
> https://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/release27-maint/Lib/ not
> found!
Weird - we've had a couple of problems with the svn subrepo -- a
reason we use it is that hg won't allow us to pull a subset of another
repo, but I'm starting to think that we should just pull the whole
cpython repo down into a subdirectory just to get away from dealing
with svn. I'm not sure what your current trouble is - what os are you
on?

> And I have nothing except CPythonLib. Any idea how to work around this
> issue?
>
> Jython dev FAQ does not have anything about this
> problem: http://wiki.python.org/jython/DeveloperFAQ
>
> Also, the link to mailing list archive on jython-dev info page here is not
> valid: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jython-dev it leads
> to: http://code.activestate.com/aspnredir/list-gone/?list=Jython-dev which
> tells that the archive does not exist.
The link at listinfo/jython-dev works for me it points to
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=jython-dev -
maybe there was a network blip?

-Frank

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Roman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ubuntu. If I can check out from svn repository somehow, I can do that
> instead of using mercurial, I don't have any preference.
So it's more complicated than that - Jython is now officially on
mercurial, but we pull from CPython's svn for now - so you really have
to use hg.

-Frank

Re: problems checking out source code

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Roman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu. If I can check out from svn repository somehow, I can do that
>> instead of using mercurial, I don't have any preference.
> So it's more complicated than that - Jython is now officially on
> mercurial, but we pull from CPython's svn for now - so you really have
> to use hg.
Since you are not the only person to have this trouble - I'll make it
official - we will pull the CPython hg repo down as the way forward -
I'll let you know when we make that change.

-Frank

Re: problems checking out source code

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:17 PM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM, [hidden email]
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Roman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Ubuntu. If I can check out from svn repository somehow, I can do that
>>> instead of using mercurial, I don't have any preference.
>> So it's more complicated than that - Jython is now officially on
>> mercurial, but we pull from CPython's svn for now - so you really have
>> to use hg.
> Since you are not the only person to have this trouble - I'll make it
> official - we will pull the CPython hg repo down as the way forward -
> I'll let you know when we make that change.
The svn repo is eliminated, so svn troubles should be no more. I
actually ended up checking in a snapshot of CPython libs in the 2.2,
2.5, and default branches (Phillip Jenvey suggested this as it is what
PyPy does).

-Frank