problems with qt4 threading

Darren Dale-4
I recently updated to Qt-4.3 and PyQt-4.3. When I run "ipython -q4thread", I
get a stream of error messages:

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
QApplication::exec: Must be called from the main thread

I can interrupt IPython by hitting CTRL-D/Enter in rapid succession. If I run
ipython -pylab with the qt4 backend enabled, I can still create plots and
show windows, even with these warnings scrolling up the screen at a rate of
10/second.

There is a page on threading in Qt4 here:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/threads.html

I'm sorry to say that after looking at the code for two hours, I don't have
any suggestions on how to fix it.

Darren