Quantcast

py-ask-about-save

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi,

exists a boolean variable

(defcustom py-ask-about-save t
   "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
Otherwise, all modified buffers are saved without asking."

;;;;;;;;;;

this rather nags me. Saving all buffer unconditional is probably
terrible, OTOH always get questioned by `t'

Will change the implementation into

  "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
Otherwise do nothing."

Opinions?

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: py-ask-about-save

François Pinard
Andreas Röhler <[hidden email]> writes:

> (defcustom py-ask-about-save t
>   "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
> Otherwise, all modified buffers are saved without asking."

> Will change the implementation into

>  "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
> Otherwise do nothing."

> Opinions?

Hi, Andreas, and gang!

I guess this is inspired from compilation-ask-about-save.  It is easier
to remember when alike variables have alike behaviour.

Some Emacs variables have nil, t and 'ask for a value; you surely have
seen some of them, I do not have an example handy.  The behaviour could
be controlled by such a 3-valued variable, yet then, the variable name
should be changed to not be misleading.

François

Re: py-ask-about-save

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 31.01.2012 21:47, schrieb François Pinard:

> Andreas Röhler<[hidden email]>  writes:
>
>> (defcustom py-ask-about-save t
>>    "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
>> Otherwise, all modified buffers are saved without asking."
>
>> Will change the implementation into
>
>>   "If not nil, ask about which buffers to save before executing some code.
>> Otherwise do nothing."
>
>> Opinions?
>
> Hi, Andreas, and gang!
>
> I guess this is inspired from compilation-ask-about-save.  It is easier
> to remember when alike variables have alike behaviour.
>
> Some Emacs variables have nil, t and 'ask for a value; you surely have
> seen some of them, I do not have an example handy.  The behaviour could
> be controlled by such a 3-valued variable, yet then, the variable name
> should be changed to not be misleading.
>
> François

Thanks, François. Good idea, will look for that.

Andreas