pyamf NetConnection.call problems in ActionScript

pyamf NetConnection.call problems in ActionScript

Jeffrey Stroomer
PyAMF Folks,

I am running into a problem when  passing complex parameters from ActionScript to server-side code using PyAMF, Jython, and modjy,  and thought you might be able to help.

I worked through the PyAMF/modjy tutorial and was able to bring up the server-side Python example without any problems.  I also am able to run client-side Python and ActionScript to talk to the server, provided the parameter I pass from the client to the server is simple, e.g., an int or a string.  When I pass something more complicated (e.g., an array or a dict) from  client-side Python, it works as well.  But when I try to pass an array or an object from client-side ActionScript to the server, it errors out with the following message:

    [trace] Error #2044: Unhandled NetStatusEvent:. level=error, code=NetConnection.Call.Failed
    [trace]     at HelloWorld()[/Users/jeff/pyamf_new/HelloWorld.as:17]

Can you give me any advice what I'm doing wrong?  My client-side ActionScript is attached.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Jeff Stroomer

HelloWorld.as (1K) Download Attachment

Re: pyamf NetConnection.call problems in ActionScript

Nick Joyce
Hey Jeff,

ActionScript errors like that aren't the most helpful :)

One thing that I noticed is that in your code the gateway url is 'http://localhost:8080/pyamf' which is missing a / when compared to the example [1]. Not sure if that is related .. ?

Do you get anything from server logs?

Cheers,

Nick

On 2 Jun 2010, at 11:48, Jeffrey Stroomer wrote:

[...]

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy. <HelloWorld.as>_______________________________________________
PyAMF users mailing list - [hidden email]