pyblosxom's future

will kahn-greene
We're discussing the future of Pyblosxom on the pyblosxom-devel list
right now. If you want to join the discussion, please do so there--not here.

The gist of it is that I'm stepping down as maintainer of Pyblosxom.
Either someone will offer to continue maintaining Pyblosxom and I'll
help transition to that new person, or Pyblosxom will end as a project.

One of the things we're discussing on the pyblosxom-devel list is
alternatives should we decide to end Pyblosxom. The following have been
mentioned so far--I don't know if they're all Python-based:

* volt
* octopress
* nanoc
* django-articles
* hyde
* nikola

I blogged about it yesterday, too:

http://bluesock.org/~willg/blog/dev/pyblosxom/me.html

Blake asked what I plan on moving my blog to. I don't know, yet. volt
looks interesting so far, but I haven't spent any time with it.

That's it! If you're interesting in discussing things, I encourage you
to join the pyblosxom-devel list. I'll update this list if anything
substantive gets figured out in a couple of weeks.

/will

Re: pyblosxom's future

Joseph Reagle-2
On 06/09/2012 03:49 PM, will kahn-greene wrote:
> Blake asked what I plan on moving my blog to. I don't know, yet. volt
> looks interesting so far, but I haven't spent any time with it.

Will, thank you so much for all your work!

> That's it! If you're interesting in discussing things, I encourage you
> to join the pyblosxom-devel list. I'll update this list if anything
> substantive gets figured out in a couple of weeks.

Yes, please do!