pymacs-start-services fails

Andreas Röhler-2

Hi,

get a strange error loading pymacs with
GNU Emacs 23.1.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of 2010-02-19

Pymacs-0.24-beta1

pymacs-eval resp. `pymacs-start-services' fails

In *Pymacs*-buffer it says:

"No module named Pymacs.pymacs"

While after python -v in a python-shell

from Pymacs.pymacs import main

seem to work well:

from Pymacs.pymacs import main
import Pymacs # directory Pymacs
# Pymacs/__init__.pyc matches Pymacs/__init__.py
import Pymacs # precompiled from Pymacs/__init__.pyc
# Pymacs/pymacs.pyc matches Pymacs/pymacs.py
import Pymacs.pymacs # precompiled from Pymacs/pymacs.pyc

So modules as such seem present.

However, from ipython-shell

from Pymacs.pymacs import main

fails too with

"No module named Pymacs.pymacs"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andreas

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~a-roehler/python-mode
https://code.launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/

Re: pymacs-start-services fails

François Pinard
Andreas Roehler <[hidden email]> writes:

> Pymacs-0.24-beta1
> pymacs-eval resp. `pymacs-start-services' fails
> In *Pymacs*-buffer it says:
> "No module named Pymacs.pymacs"

> Any ideas?

I do not know what was the situation at the time, but as I saw pymacs.py
within python-mode as a file while usage was meant as a package, it is
"normal" that it did not start.  Maybe my comment is fully irrelevant.

Right now, the Pymacs in the works does not use a package anymore.  As I
wrote to this list earlier (Andreas told me he missed the message), this
should ease usage of a Pymacs integrated within python-mode.  Beware
that the file is now Pymacs.py, and not pymacs.py.  This is to stay
compatible with my previous mistakes! :-)

François

Am 27.01.2012 05:08, schrieb François Pinard:

> Andreas Roehler<[hidden email]>  writes:
>
>> Pymacs-0.24-beta1
>> pymacs-eval resp. `pymacs-start-services' fails
>> In *Pymacs*-buffer it says:
>> "No module named Pymacs.pymacs"
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> I do not know what was the situation at the time, but as I saw pymacs.py
> within python-mode as a file while usage was meant as a package, it is
> "normal" that it did not start.  Maybe my comment is fully irrelevant.
>
> Right now, the Pymacs in the works does not use a package anymore.  As I
> wrote to this list earlier (Andreas told me he missed the message), this
> should ease usage of a Pymacs integrated within python-mode.  Beware
> that the file is now Pymacs.py, and not pymacs.py.  This is to stay
> compatible with my previous mistakes! :-)
>
> François

should this error occur, please make a bug report.

we have not such a report at the moment

Cheers,

Andreas