pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)

pyqt widget plugins for qt-designer do not seem to work (cygwin)

Biofysikos Biologos
Hello,

The situation is as follows:

I have installed pyqt for qt5 on my cygwin platform using the following command.
apt-cyg install python-pyqt5

I have also installed Qt Designer using (FYI: I also installed an x-server)
apt-cyg install qt5-devel-tools
I have found the location of the widget plugins using:

$ qtdiag-qt5 | grep Plugins
PluginsPath: /usr/lib/qt5/plugins

and the plugins for qt-designer are found in
/usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer

To check that the plugins work I have installed some dll's inside the above folder and they do show up in the widget pallete of Qt Designer.
Moreover I have installed cygpyqt5.dll which does not seem to work as it is supposed to check inside /usr/lib/qt5/plugins/designer/python
for pyqt widget plugins and add them to the widget pallete. I DO have a few pyqt plugins inside the folder but cygpyqt5.dll does not find them.
I am using python 2.7 and qt 5.9.4
Have in mind that I have tried it on my Mac and it works, but it does not work on cygwin. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Biofysikos