pyqtdeploy-sysroot: tracing Qt module dependencies

pyqtdeploy-sysroot: tracing Qt module dependencies

Patrick Stinson-3
What is the best way to figure out the dependency modules for a particular qt module? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out what I can skip if I want to build QtLocation and QtPurchasing for components qt and pyqt5. The process of elimination is time-consuming for an entire sysroot :)

-Patrick

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: pyqtdeploy-sysroot: tracing Qt module dependencies

Patrick Stinson-3
For example, what is the correct way to find the maximum number of modules for the “skip” property in the qt sysroot config for these PyQt modules:

        "ios|macos#modules": [
            "QtCore", "QtGui", "QtNetwork", "QtPrintSupport", "QtWidgets",
            "QtMacExtras", "QtPositioning", "QtLocation", "QtQml", "QtQuick", "QtQuickWidgets"
        ]

> On Mar 1, 2018, at 1:26 PM, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What is the best way to figure out the dependency modules for a particular qt module? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out what I can skip if I want to build QtLocation and QtPurchasing for components qt and pyqt5. The process of elimination is time-consuming for an entire sysroot :)
>
> -Patrick

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment

Re: pyqtdeploy-sysroot: tracing Qt module dependencies

Phil Thompson-5
On 1 Mar 2018, at 10:34 pm, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For example, what is the correct way to find the maximum number of modules for the “skip” property in the qt sysroot config for these PyQt modules:
>
>        "ios|macos#modules": [
>            "QtCore", "QtGui", "QtNetwork", "QtPrintSupport", "QtWidgets",
>            "QtMacExtras", "QtPositioning", "QtLocation", "QtQml", "QtQuick", "QtQuickWidgets"
>        ]
>
>> On Mar 1, 2018, at 1:26 PM, Patrick Stinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What is the best way to figure out the dependency modules for a particular qt module? I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out what I can skip if I want to build QtLocation and QtPurchasing for components qt and pyqt5. The process of elimination is time-consuming for an entire sysroot :)

Write a .pro file that contains the QT values for the modules you explicitly want and look at the generated Makefile to see what libraries are actually going to be used, then skip everything else.

Phil