python 3.0

G. Buisson

Hi everybody !

We are looking forward for using python for .Net in our project.  I am very impressed by the library that is working today on .Net 3.5 (WPF and co) and python 2.6 virtually without any commit for the last couple of years! J

Still, what do you think about python 3.0? Have you ever tried to be compatible with it? Is there any big issue you have already imagine?

Thanks

Guillaume

Re: python 3.0

Brian Lloyd-7
Re: [Python.NET] python 3.0 Hi Guillaume – the runtime is very sensitive to internal structural changes in
the CPython runtime, so I’m sure there would be some work involved. Some
things I can think of off the top of my head:

  - unicode changes / bytes type (this could be a giant pain)

  - int / long unification

  - need to support views and iterators

  - exception hierarchy changes

  - extension api changes

It’s probably enough work that it will take someone committed and invested
to make it happen...

-Brian