python docs in contrib?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
Hi,
I was surprised to find python2.{4,5}-doc in contrib and wondered why?

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com

Re: python docs in contrib?

Jorge Godoy-2
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

> Hi,
> I was surprised to find python2.{4,5}-doc in contrib and wondered why?

What contrib?

Re: python docs in contrib?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
On Dec 16, 2007 4:33 PM, Jorge Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I was surprised to find python2.{4,5}-doc in contrib and wondered why?
>
> What contrib?

contrib section of the archive, as opposed to main

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com

Re: python docs in contrib?

Jorge Godoy-2
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2007 4:33 PM, Jorge Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I was surprised to find python2.{4,5}-doc in contrib and wondered why?
>>
>> What contrib?
>
> contrib section of the archive, as opposed to main

doc is right on the root of the tarball for Python 2.5.1.

Are you sure you are not talking about any distribution package or something
like that?

Re: python docs in contrib?

Arnaud Delobelle-2
On Dec 16, 2:43 pm, "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2007 4:33 PM, Jorge Godoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
> > > I was surprised to find python2.{4,5}-doc in contrib and wondered why?
>
> > What contrib?
>
> contrib section of the archive, as opposed to main

Are you refering to debian packages for python?  In this case
you may be better off posting on one of the debian mailing lists.

--
Arnaud

Re: python docs in contrib?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
On Dec 16, 2007 4:49 PM, Arnaud Delobelle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2:43 pm, "Tshepang Lekhonkhobe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > > What contrib?
> >
> > contrib section of the archive, as opposed to main
>
> Are you refering to debian packages for python?  In this case
> you may be better off posting on one of the debian mailing lists.

Second time I made the mistake of posting to python-list instead of
debian-python. Forgive me.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com