python embedded in latex: python.sty

Noon Silk
Hello,

 Following up on my talk, here:
https://github.com/silky/latex/tree/master/packages/python is where
you can get python.sty. Read the README for an example of how to use
it, read the comments in python.sty for usage notes.

 There is also a similar style file for "sage" (open source math
package): http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/sagetex

 I recommend considering using python.sty in conjuction with numpy
(matrix math) and pyx (graphs). If you happen to find a way to call
MATLAB from python (I assume it is possible), then MATLAB has a
command: latex("...") which could be use to a beautiful result of
automatic typesetting of various symbolic operations. Of course, to
add the appropriate typesetting for numpy for the matricies wouldn't
be particularly challenging.

--
Noon Silk

Fancy a quantum lunch? http://groups.google.com/group/quantum-lunch?hl=en

of being this signature."

Re: python embedded in latex: python.sty

Ed Schofield-3
Hi Noon,

I'm sorry I missed your talk. It sounds great!

Not sure if your talk covered this, but I can add to your email that sympy has great support for formatting symbolic maths as LaTeX. So calling Matlab from Python should be unnecessary :) (at least for beautiful LaTeX output). See:

Greetings to all ... from beautiful Lake Tahoe!

Cheers,
    Ed

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 1:32 AM, Noon Silk <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dr. Edward Schofield
Python Charmers
+61 (0)405 676 229
http://pythoncharmers.com

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM, Ed Schofield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Noon,
> I'm sorry I missed your talk. It sounds great!
> Not sure if your talk covered this, but I can add to your email that sympy
> has great support for formatting symbolic maths as LaTeX. So calling Matlab
> from Python should be unnecessary :) (at least for beautiful LaTeX output).
> See:
>     http://docs.sympy.org/0.7.1/tutorial.html#printing

Perfect. thanks, I didn't know about sympy :)