python-mode.el 6.0.4 released

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi all,

new release is available at

http://launchpad.net/python-mode/trunk/6.0.4/+download/python-mode.el-6.0.4.tar.gz

A couple of bugs have been fixed since last one, so it was time to roll
a new archive.

New in version 6.0.4
--------------------

- Python shell starts along with `python-mode'.
   That's needed by completion for now
   boolean customizable `py-start-run-py-shell'

- outline-(minor-)mode enabled providing regular
   expressions. Customize `py-outline-minor-mode-p' to
   switch it on with python-mode

- Hook delivered to start hs-minor-mode from python-mode
   Customize `py-hide-show-minor-mode-p'
   Key setting example:
   (global-set-key [(super s)] 'hs-hide-all)
   (global-set-key [(super S)] 'hs-show-all)

- Listing of available commands in org-mode and reST
   format in directory "doc"

- Python shells and executing forms may be called as
   dedicated process. See commands available \w suffix
   "-dedicated".

- completion fixed: M-TAB completes in Python buffer, TAB
   completes in Python shells

- py-down-FORM-lc commands
   Goto beginning of line following end of FORM.
   \"-lc\" stands for \"left-corner\" - a complementary command
travelling left, whilst `py-end-of-FORM' stops at right corner.
   Implemented forms are "block", "clause", "def", "class", "statement".

- py-down-FORM commands

   like py-down-block introduced in version 6.0.3,
   implemented also for "clause", "def", "class",
   "statement".
   Go to the beginning of next block below
   current level.

re/install howto?

Tom Roche

Andreas Röhler Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:17:46 +0100
> new release is available

Given the release of fixes for pymacs install (formerly a separate
prereq), and also that I'm now on emacs-24, I'd like to try
reinstalling python-mode and all its prerequisites. However I'm not
seeing install instructions, much less reinstall instructions, on the
website. (Notably

https://answers.launchpad.net/python-mode/+faqs

is empty.) I note

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~python-mode-devs/python-mode/python-mode/view/head:/INSTALL
> Put the respective lines into your Emacs initialisation file:

> (add-to-list 'load-path "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
> (setq py-install-directory "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
> (require 'python-mode)

but am wondering if one must do

* anything with the included setup.py

* something to setup the now-included pymacs

TIA, Tom Roche <[hidden email]>

Re: re/install howto?

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 02.01.2012 17:38, schrieb Tom Roche:

> Andreas Röhler Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:17:46 +0100
>> new release is available
>
> Given the release of fixes for pymacs install (formerly a separate
> prereq), and also that I'm now on emacs-24, I'd like to try
> reinstalling python-mode and all its prerequisites. However I'm not
> seeing install instructions, much less reinstall instructions, on the
> website. (Notably
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/python-mode/+faqs
>
> is empty.) I note
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~python-mode-devs/python-mode/python-mode/view/head:/INSTALL
>> Put the respective lines into your Emacs initialisation file:
>
>> (add-to-list 'load-path "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
>> (setq py-install-directory "PATH/TO/PYTHON-MODE/")
>> (require 'python-mode)
>
> but am wondering if one must do
>
> * anything with the included setup.py

delivered INSTALL should mention all needed

> * something to setup the now-included pymacs

please make up a question in section

https://answers.launchpad.net/python-mode

will keep the answer than in faq

also missing Pymacs note is worth a bug report

when py-load-pymacs-p is set to `t', pymacs-eval for example works here
out of the box. Nonetheless Pymacs-integration needs some work still.

Installing Pymacs separately might be the better choice for the moment.

thanks,

Andreas