- commands combine executing statement/block... with dedicated/switch... etc. This may remove some need of customization.
- local environments support started
If calls to common `py-shell' should use local executable
instead of default system Python set
`py-use-local-default' alongside wit
- `py-toggle-shells' alias of more powerful `py-switch-shells'
Toggles between the interpreter customized in `py-shell-toggle-1' resp. `py-shell-toggle-2'.
Was hard-coded CPython and Jython in earlier versions, now starts with Python2 and Python3 by default.
- `py-shell-name' accepts PATH/TO/EXECUTABLE
in addition to name of an installed default Python-Shell.
Permits installing commands like
(defun python-XYZ-shell (&optional argprompt)
"Start an Python-XYZ interpreter ... "
(let ((py-shell-name "PATH/TO/PYTHON-XYZ"))
- new commands `indent-tabs-mode', `toggle-indent-tabs-mode',
feature after a request at Stack Exchange asked Jul
13 '11 at 13:23 saying
`tab-width' now follows `py-indent-offset'
- new command `py-execute-region-default' forces the
systems default Python interpreter to execute, ignores
- new `py-number-face',
visible only when customized and `py-use-number-face-p' is `t',
inherits default face
With large files fontifying numbers may cause a delay
Credits to github.com/fgallina/python.el/issues42
- new boolean `py-verbose-p'
if `t', reached indent level etc. is messaged
- `toggle-py-smart-indentation' new command
also `py-smart-indentation-on', -off