python-mode.el testbot

Andreas Röhler-2
Hi Barry, hi all,

IMO it's time to set up a testbot, which should do the check for all the different flavors of Python, completion possibilities etc. out there.

Have some idea how and where to do - nonetheless would like to reflect some suggestions/recommendations.

Would be great to have a tool which mails back the results.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: python-mode.el testbot

Barry Warsaw
On Apr 16, 2012, at 07:16 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>Hi Barry, hi all,
>
>IMO it's time to set up a testbot, which should do the check for all the
>different flavors of Python, completion possibilities etc. out there.
>
>Have some idea how and where to do - nonetheless would like to reflect some
>suggestions/recommendations.
>
>Would be great to have a tool which mails back the results.

I think it's a great idea, but I don't have any suggestions for available
hardware to run a buildbot or Jenkins instance.  Perhaps when the new PSF
hardware is finally installed, we can piggyback on that infrastructure.

-Barry

Re: python-mode.el testbot

Tom Roche

Andreas Röhler Apr 16, 2012, at 07:16 AM,
> time to set up a testbot, which should do the check for all the
> different flavors of Python, completion possibilities etc. [and
> also] mails back the results.

one option:
https://www.shiningpanda.com/

HTH, Tom Roche <[hidden email]>

Re: python-mode.el testbot

Barry Warsaw
On Apr 17, 2012, at 07:53 PM, Tom Roche wrote:

>Andreas Röhler Apr 16, 2012, at 07:16 AM,
>> time to set up a testbot, which should do the check for all the
>> different flavors of Python, completion possibilities etc. [and
>> also] mails back the results.
>
>one option:
>https://www.shiningpanda.com/

Ah yes, that could work.

-Barry

Re: python-mode.el testbot

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 18.04.2012 02:10, schrieb Barry Warsaw:

> On Apr 17, 2012, at 07:53 PM, Tom Roche wrote:
>
>> Andreas Röhler Apr 16, 2012, at 07:16 AM,
>>> time to set up a testbot, which should do the check for all the
>>> different flavors of Python, completion possibilities etc. [and
>>> also] mails back the results.
>>
>> one option:
>> https://www.shiningpanda.com/
>
> Ah yes, that could work.
>
> -Barry

thanks

applied for an account with username

Python-mode-el-developers

Password sent to Barry

Two obstacles however:

they have a queue for unpaid FLOSS projects, which has  a considerable length and respected names before us.
Even the free account mentions some price by indicating a amount of running time for free - reads like an obligation to pay afterwards.

the last point would not hit me at the beginning, but that might change.

So will look around still...

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: python-mode.el testbot

David-841

On 18 April 2012 00:53, Tom Roche <[hidden email]> wrote:

one option:
https://www.shiningpanda.com/

Another option is Travis CI [1]

Which is free (beer) for FOSS projects and has really pretty good Python support (Multiple versions, virtualenvs for requirements etc).

Although they don't make any public claims about Emacs / Elisp support, Emacs is installed on all of their build machines, and I've had no problems running ERT based Elisp test suites via $ emacs -batch ...

--
Love regards etc

David Miller
http://www.deadpansincerity.com
07854 880 883

Re: python-mode.el testbot

Andreas Röhler-2
Am 18.04.2012 10:32, schrieb David Miller:

> On 18 April 2012 00:53, Tom Roche<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>

>> one option:
>> https://www.shiningpanda.com/
>

> Another option is Travis CI [1]
>
> Which is free (beer) for FOSS projects and has really pretty good Python
> support (Multiple versions, virtualenvs for requirements etc).
>
> Although they don't make any public claims about Emacs / Elisp support,
> Emacs is installed on all of their build machines, and I've had no problems
> running ERT based Elisp test suites via $ emacs -batch ...
>
> [1] http://travis-ci.org/

looks quite promising, thanks a lot!

Andreas