python on webservice

superjack
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to python. Now I have some questions about the python on web services.
This project is about the classical client/server model.
The client sends some pictures and text messages to the server.
The server saves the data or sends back the data.
What I am looking forward is some framework based on python.

First of all, I wonot like to try the browser/server model.
Secondly, I hear something about  django. Unfortunately, django is used for browser/server model.
Any other frame or package I might use?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Re: python on webservice

Rory Hart-3
Hi superjack

A web framework like Django would work fine for you as django is the server in a client/server model that talks HTTP.

You can use urllib & urllib2 as the client and talk to your server that way.

Beyond that there are lot of python web frameworks and depending on your project (size, scope, likelihood of growth beyond original features and requirements to integrate with existing code) you may want to choose another one (or not). Google around and take a look.

Other options to explore are:

http://www.pylonsproject.org/ another web framework, lighter weight than Django and could be your best option if you are doing a small one off project. It can also grow with your project if required.

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ this is a bit more closer to the metal than a web framework and you can write many different types of clients/servers with this library (including HTTP ones).

Good luck hope this helps.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM, superjack <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to python. Now I have some questions about the python on web
services.
This project is about the classical client/server model.
The client sends some pictures and text messages to the server.
The server saves the data or sends back the data.
What I am looking forward is some framework based on python.

First of all, I wonot like to try the browser/server model.
Secondly, I hear something about  django. Unfortunately, django is used for
browser/server model.
Any other frame or package I might use?
Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Re: python on webservice

Mike Dewhirst-3
On 25/03/2012 9:30pm, superjack wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am pretty new to python. Now I have some questions about the python on web
> services.
> This project is about the classical client/server model.
> The client sends some pictures and text messages to the server.
> The server saves the data or sends back the data.
> What I am looking forward is some framework based on python.
>
> First of all, I wonot like to try the browser/server model.
> Secondly, I hear something about  django. Unfortunately, django is used for
> browser/server model.
> Any other frame or package I might use?
> Any idea?

Check this ...

http://diveintopython3.ep.io/http-web-services.html

> Thanks in advance.

Tas

Re: python on webservice

Tas
I find http://web2py.com/ to be fantastic.
____________________
Tas
[hidden email]
+61 (0) 438 244 640

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Mike Dewhirst <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25/03/2012 9:30pm, superjack wrote:
Hi guys,

I am pretty new to python. Now I have some questions about the python on web
services.
This project is about the classical client/server model.
The client sends some pictures and text messages to the server.
The server saves the data or sends back the data.
What I am looking forward is some framework based on python.

First of all, I wonot like to try the browser/server model.
Secondly, I hear something about  django. Unfortunately, django is used for
browser/server model.
Any other frame or package I might use?
Any idea?

Check this ...