python web framework comparison article

James Alford
Hi All

An article comparing python web frameworks was posted on Slashdot for
anyone interested:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/pillars-python-six-python-web-frameworks-compared-169442
http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/08/10/2111203/Six-Python-Web-Frameworks-Compared

It compares the heavier frameworks, orthogonal to Richard's web micro
framework battle.

--
Regards

James Alford

Re: python web framework comparison article

Richard Jones-7
On 11 August 2011 10:46, James Alford <[hidden email]> wrote:
> An article comparing python web frameworks was posted on Slashdot for
> anyone interested:
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/d/application-development/pillars-python-six-python-web-frameworks-compared-169442
> http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/08/10/2111203/Six-Python-Web-Frameworks-Compared
>
> It compares the heavier frameworks, orthogonal to Richard's web micro
> framework battle.

Yes, it's an interesting article. I disagree with some of it (the
front page ranks criteria but only grants frameworks a 7, 8 or 9 - how
were those arbitrary numbers obtained? and why doesn't Django get a 10
in *at least* Capability and Documentation?)

It's interesting also that web.py is in their list (of what I call
mega-frameworks) since it's also in my micro-framework talk. Unlike
the other mega-frameworks t's perfectly usable as a micro-framework.

CubicWeb didn't make it onto my radar for my talk, unfortunately.

     Richard