Quantcast

pywin32 and Windows Filtering Platform?

Dan-2
I have been developing in python for a few years now on unix. I'm
dipping my feet into the windows world and am still a total newbie as
far as python and windows goes. I am curious if I can access the Windows
Filtering Platform api using Python and pywin32. As best as I can tell
after a few hours of research is that it is possible but I am having
troubles figuring out where to begin. If anyone can help by confirming
that if it is or is not possible it would be great. If it is indeed
possible can someone point me to some documentation or something that
might help get me started?

-Dan

Re: pywin32 and Windows Filtering Platform?

Mark Hammond-4
The documentation is pretty sparse - you should look at the demo file
win32comext\ifilter\filterDemo.py and look at the MS docs for the gory
details...

HTH,

Mark