qtTrId

Alexander Rössler-3
Is the qtTrId function (id-based translation) somewhere exposed in PyQt?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: qtTrId

Alexander Rössler-3
If anyone is wondering what is qtTrId: https://wiki.qt.io/QtInternationalization
It's nowhere to be found in the rest of the documentation, except for the QML version: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-qt.html#qsTrId-method

Alex

Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 14:42 Uhr schrieb Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]>:
Is the qtTrId function (id-based translation) somewhere exposed in PyQt?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: qtTrId

Alexander Rössler-3
Here is more info on ID-based translations: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linguist-id-based-i18n.html

The ID-based translation is described as "industrial strength" system for internationalization and localization in the Qt documentation.

Would be great if it would be supported by PyQt.

Alex

Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 14:46 Uhr schrieb Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]>:
If anyone is wondering what is qtTrId: https://wiki.qt.io/QtInternationalization
It's nowhere to be found in the rest of the documentation, except for the QML version: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-qt.html#qsTrId-method

Alex

Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 14:42 Uhr schrieb Alexander Rössler <[hidden email]>:
Is the qtTrId function (id-based translation) somewhere exposed in PyQt?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: qtTrId

Giuseppe Corbelli
On 6/3/19 2:27 PM, Alexander Rössler wrote:
> Here is more info on ID-based translations:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linguist-id-based-i18n.html
>
> The ID-based translation is described as "industrial strength" system
> for internationalization and localization in the Qt documentation.

I always found the Qt approach much faster and less error prone than
ID-based systems (i.e. java .properties), so I am missing some point
here. What advantages would this ID-based system offer?

Thanks

--
Giuseppe Corbelli

Re: qtTrId

Phil Thompson-5
I've had a look at this and would prefer to leave it to a later date.

The feature was added in Qt v4.6 and this is the first time it has been
asked for.

It makes use of comments embedded in the source code to be fully
implemented.

The implementation of pylupdate is a very old hack of a very old copy of
lupdate and I don't like making changes to it. I would much prefer to
re-implement it in Python which fully parses the code from which the
translations are being extracted from. That is something for PyQt6.

Phil

On 03/06/2019 13:27, Alexander Rössler wrote:

> Here is more info on ID-based translations:
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/linguist-id-based-i18n.html
>
> The ID-based translation is described as "industrial strength" system
> for
> internationalization and localization in the Qt documentation.
>
> Would be great if it would be supported by PyQt.
>
> Alex
>
> Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 14:46 Uhr schrieb Alexander Rössler <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> If anyone is wondering what is qtTrId:
>> https://wiki.qt.io/QtInternationalization
>> It's nowhere to be found in the rest of the documentation, except for
>> the
>> QML version: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-qt.html#qsTrId-method
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> Am Fr., 24. Mai 2019 um 14:42 Uhr schrieb Alexander Rössler <
>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>>> Is the qtTrId function (id-based translation) somewhere exposed in
>>> PyQt?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Alex