registration with cities...

Muhammed YILMAZ
Hi all. First of all i want to thank you all for your very helpful, friendly ideas. i am from Turkey, it has 81 cities. i want to make a site that will enable people living in the same city to exchange goods with each other. people living in different cities should not see each other's share. and users must have an extra fields in account profile registration page. like a shop name, shop address, phone number, city name, special integer code (13-digit), name-surname etc...

i'm trying but i can't do it exactly. if you can give me an advice, or some part of code to start, i will be very proud.

sincerely,
Muhammed Yılmaz.

Re: registration with cities...

samuel muiruri
Will tell you the possible ways to tackle this.
  1. You assign the user model with a city name so when you filter results for a user you also filter to match the city they're in.
  2. You use the browser locate feature to get gps info (latitude, longitude) feed that to django through javascript and get results for the area... before this the location will be put into a city

You should consider that the second you have to deal with users who are not in any city or missing info.