resurrected modindex

Skip Montanaro-3
A long time ago I wrote a redirector to note and display the most frequently
requested modules from the library reference manual's global module index.
When Georg Brandl did his massive rewrite of the Python manuals that broke.
I finally took the time this evening to resurrect that function.  The result
is here:

    http://www.webfast.com/modindex/

I reset all the counters and seeded the cache with a few modules.  Click
around in the index a few times then reload the above page.  You'll get the
idea.

Skip

Re: [Python-Dev] resurrected modindex

Skip Montanaro-3

    Guido> Cool! Is it just a matter of checking this in and it will work on
    Guido> the site?

Alas, no.  I wrote this awhile ago when the site was built w/ ht2html.  My
thing is a simple front-end using Myghty.  As Georg indicated in his
response he has some dynamic stuff in Sphinx which will do this and more.  I
suspect once he goes fully dynamic my little hack won't be necessary any
longer, but I missed it, especially with the new layout where less of the
index is visible without paging down.

I got tired of my modindex URL doing the work necessary to process the index
(and thus being a little slower than just going straight to the index
itself) but not seeing the proper anchors in the file which allowed it to
insert the table and rewrite URLs to allow counting clicks.

Skip