sourceforge content limit

fwierzbicki@gmail.com
I just ran du on the sourceforge shell, and noticed we are using
almost double the space we are supposed to be using.  Has someone
talked to the sourceforge folks about this, or are we in danger of
getting purged at some point (as their document at
http://sourceforge.net/docs/E07/ suggests).  If we are in danger,
perhaps we should remove the wiki, since it is being hosted at the
Python wiki now, and is taking up a large amount of space?

Thanks,

-Frank

Re: sourceforge content limit

Ted Kosan
Frank wrote:

> I just ran du on the sourceforge shell, and noticed we are using
> almost double the space we are supposed to be using.  Has someone
> talked to the sourceforge folks about this, or are we in danger of
> getting purged at some point <snip>

Another option the jython project might want to consider is moving to java.net
( http://java.net ). Java.net has tools similar to the ones that sourceforge
does and I can look into what the space limits are.

One advantage of hosting jython on java.net is that the jython team will have
more intimate access to Sun's Java engineers and managers.  This might make the
goal of expanding jython's user base easier and it also might make it easier
for the jython team to help guide Java's future direction :-)

Respectfully,

Ted Kosan
java.net Embedded Java co-leader