status of 2.1 release blockers

Tim Graham-2
Time to kickoff the progress tracker for the next major release!

The 2.1 alpha is scheduled (according to https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/Version2.1Roadmap) for today, May 14. Typically we've released the alpha a few days later to finish up a few last minutes things.

I have one patch I want to finish reviewing tomorrow:

https://github.com/django/django/pull/6734 -- Read-only permission for contrib.admin

Claude will also update translations catalogs before the alpha release.