Quantcast

tk/tcl

johnaherne
Thanks for the clarification.

As you said I cleaned up the pda and reinstalled pythonce2.5 using the exe.

I checked the windows folder and there were no celib.dll,tcl84.dll and tk84.dll present.

I did a search for them and found nothing.

So when I tried to import Tkinter it came back and said runtime error could not find CeLib.DLL.

I did try to put back the dll from that download I did of tkinter.zip but that produced other errors. So I deleted them and went back to the clean setup.

I am hoping you can point me to the right place to get the files.

Thanks for taking the time.

John Aherne

Re: tk/tcl

Bandung
Here are  my latest files: celib2.13 , then  tcl84 and tk84 dll's

celib.dll
tcl84.dll
tk84.dll

johnaherne wrote

Bandung wrote:
> Here are  my latest files: celib2.13 , then  tcl84 and tk84 dll's
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5568/celib.dll celib.dll
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5566/tcl84.dll tcl84.dll
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5567/tk84.dll tk84.dll

Thanks for the links.

I put them all in \Windows.

import Tkinter works

I got the WM5 message about permission for unsigned tcl and tk programs
wanting to run. So I know it found them.

root = Tkinter.Tk() gave me an error as follows:--

Tk_init error: invalid command name "tcl_findLibrary"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"c:\dev1\release\PythonCE-2.5-20061219\Python-2.5-wince\Lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py",
line 1636, in __init__
TclError: invalid command name "tcl_findLibrary"

Looking at the line it seems to be about creating a screen.

Thanks for any info.

Regards

John Aherne

Re: tk/tcl

Bandung
Place these two files in your \\Python25\\Lib   directory and then run root = Tkinter.Tk() again.

Tkinter.py
Tkinter.pyc

again, soft reset is always a good idea at this point.

John Aherne wrote

Bandung wrote:

> Place these two files in your \\Python25\\Lib   directory and then run root =
> Tkinter.Tk() again.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5569/Tkinter.py Tkinter.py
> http://www.nabble.com/file/5570/Tkinter.pyc Tkinter.pyc
>
> again, soft reset is always a good idea at this point.

Thanks for the 2 files.

I removed everything and started from scratch again. Soft reset after
each stage.

Installed python25
Copied in celib,tcl84,tk84 into \\windows.
Copied Tkinter.py, Tkinter.pyc into python25\lib along with os.py that
was there already.

Import Tkinter is OK
root = Tkinter.Tk() gives exactly same problem as before

Invalid command name 'tcl_findLibrary'

Makes me think some fundamental bit is missing from the python25 install.

Regards

John Aherne

Re: tk/tcl

Bandung
You are almost there!  Looks like you need tcl.  Download this file and unzip it.  it is a later version of tcl than the one that you were using.

tcltk8_4_12_ce-arm.zip

Place the lib directory under your \\Program files\\  directory.
You can ignore the directory called bin which contains the three files, celib, tcl84.dll and tk84.dll since you have already copied into your Windows directory.

So your Python installation directory structure now looks like this...

\\Program files\\Python25
\\Program files\\lib
\\Windows\\ ...those three files with the names of the files that were in the directory called "bin"

Your are now ready to start coding!

With the files from this "lib", you will also be able to use bwidgets as well as Tkinter widgets.  There are also iwidgets which I haven't tried yet.  Plus, if you want to "tcl"  then copy the tcls84h.exe and wish84.exe files into your Windows directory as well.  And if you want a cool table widget, you can use the following file.  Place it in your "lib" directory along side of the bwidget directory etc.

Tktable2.zip

Re: tk/tcl

John Aherne
Bandung wrote:

> (I sent this message  2 hrs earlier with a couple of embedded files.  The
> attached files seem to be the cause for holding up the posting of the
> message on the board)   Anyways,  here are the final steps for getting your
> installation working....
>

> -------------------------------.
>
> You are almost there!  Looks like you need tcl.  Download this file and
> unzip it.  it is a later version of tcl than the one that you were using.
>
> tcltk8_4_12_ce-arm.zip
>
> Place the lib directory under your \\Program files\\  directory.
> You can ignore the directory called bin which contains the three files,
> celib, tcl84.dll and tk84.dll since you have already copied into your
> Windows directory.
>
> So your Python installation directory structure now looks like this...
>
> \\Program files\\Python25
> \\Program files\\lib
> \\Windows\\ ...those three files with the names of the files that were in
> the directory called "bin"
>
> Your are now ready to start coding!
>
> With the files from this "lib", you will also be able to use bwidgets as
> well as Tkinter widgets.  There are also iwidgets which I haven't tried yet.
> Plus, if you want to "tcl"  then copy the tcls84h.exe and wish84.exe files
> into your Windows directory as well.  And if you want a cool table widget,
> you can use the following file.  Place it in your "lib" directory along side
> of the bwidget directory etc.
>
> Tktable2.zip

Thank you very much for all the time.

That works perfectly. I have played around with some demo type files to
see how they work and how it looks. And so far it looks very promising.

The hard work will start a bit later.

Thanks for all your effort.

John Aherne